One of the most important health habits lost on society is caring for your teeth as you age. We tend to neglect this all-important task of keeping up our oral hygiene with every other healthy habit that becomes more and more paramount as we age. The dentists here at Center For Dental Rehabilitation want to make sure your teeth shine brightly forever. Here are some healthy tips for caring for your teeth:
– Floss Daily: Floss at least once a day using floss or a dentist-approved flossing tool.
– Make Time for your Dentist: Make sure you visit your dentist as directed for a professional cleaning or oral exam.
– Quit Bad Habits: If you smoke, drink heavy alcohol, or chew tobacco, you are at a much higher risk for gum disease, tooth decay, tooth loss, and cancer.
– Brush Daily: Brush at least twice a day using soft bristles. If manual brushing is too difficult, use an electric toothbrush.
– Avoid Hard Snacks: It’s important to avoid hard snacks that can damage your weakened teeth. Hard snacks include hard lollipops, popcorn kernels, or chewing on ice.
– Clean Your Dentures: If you have dentures, be sure to remove them and clean them daily.
Follow these important guidelines, and oral health care in your twilight years can be much more enjoyable. If you have not made time for your dentist at Center For Dental Rehabilitation, and would like to make an appointment with Dr. Maureen Toal, please contact us today. We can be reached at 602.485.0505 or by stopping by our office in Phoenix, Arizona. The future of your oral health is yours to control. Let us help make it great!