As the holiday season begins to come into full effect, it is important to make sure your smile is well cared for. However, numerous people may let their oral health care slide due to fears and anxieties they feel about visiting their dentist for oral health care treatment. This is quite common and is known as dental anxiety.
Because of dental anxiety, our team is well prepared for individuals who feel any stress or anxiety about visiting our office. We offer numerous treatments, many of which you can do in your own time to help lessen any stress, anxiety, and fear associated with dentistry. This includes the following:
– Biofeedback has been shown to be useful for preventing dental anxiety.
– Regulating breathing by breathing deeply, slowly, and counting your breaths is useful for preventing dental anxiety.
– Put yourself in a happy place that can help relax your mind, including at a beach, garden, or other location that brings you joy.
– Holding a squeeze toy such as a stress ball or fidget spinner may aid treatments.
– Dental anxiety can sometimes be associated with an ignorance of the dental procedures at hand. Thus, never be afraid to ask your dentist any questions you may have to help lighten any fears associated with the unknown.
– Dental anxiety can be helped with the use of calming and relaxing music.
– Any possible fears of pain that you may experience can easily be relieved with sedation dentistry and local anesthetics.
– You can help ease the pressure of dental anxiety by practicing meditation or yoga.
Our team at Center For Dental Rehabilitation focuses on a selection of dental anxiety treatments to suit all your oral health care needs. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Maureen Toal, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Phoenix, Arizona. You are welcome to call us at 602.485.0505.