The style, manner, and quality of your toothbrush and toothbrush techniques are all important in your quest for a fully clean mouth. If you let your brushing techniques slack, your oral health will suffer as well. Make sure you are using an effective cleaning tool that has not been worn down or contaminated.
Listed below are important toothbrush techniques to improve your oral health:
– Always store your toothbrush upright and never in a sealed container. Your brush needs to breathe.
– Always keep your brush away from other toothbrushes and never share it with anyone else.
– Brush your teeth in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes each session twice per day.
– Use a brush head that has soft bristles and can easily reach all corners of your mouth.
– Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary.
– If traditional toothbrushes are too difficult to use, switch to an electric toothbrush.
– Use brushes that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance or are dentist-approved.
No matter the needs you require from your oral health care, our team at Center For Dental Rehabilitation can help. Dr. Maureen Toal and our team can give you a comprehensive oral examination to determine which dental treatments or cleanings are best for you and your oral health care needs. To schedule a visit to our dentist office in Phoenix, Arizona, call us at 602.485.0505. Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a bright smile today!